5 things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 08:00 16 June 2017
(c) copyright newzulu.com
Tens of thousands of people will travel to Weston this weekend as Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend takes place. Here are five things to do in Weston and the surrounding area this weekend.
– A World War Two dinner and dance will be held at the Grand Pier, in Marine Parade, at 7.30pm on Saturday.
A two-course dinner will be served followed by a performance from The Dixie Belles.
Tickets, priced £27.50 to include the dinner, are available via www.grandpier.co.uk and £2.50 from every ticket sale will go to the Army of Angels.
– The air festival will take place on the seafront on Saturday and Sunday, from 10am-6pm each day.
There will be air displays throughout the weekend, including from the Red Arrows.
The event will run alongside Armed Forces Weekend, which will feature military displays, a veterans’ parade and drumhead service, plus fair rides and stalls.
– Classic cars will be on display in Grove Park, in High Street, from 10am-6pm on Saturday and Sunday.
The event will see pre-war vehicles and cars and motorbikes from the 1950s right through to the 1990s on display.
– All Saints’ Church in All Saints Road will host Ann Clewlow’s choir Vocalise on Saturday.
The concert will begin at noon and will feature The Octettes and Simply Six, plus solos by Ann Clewlow and Jo Thorn.
Tickets, priced £8, are available on the door and will include a light lunch and glass of wine.
– There will be a barbecue in aid of Breast Cancer Care on Saturday.
It will be at Hutton’s Wood View from 5pm and will cost £7.50 per person.
For details and tickets, call 01934 813399.
If you are out and about in Weston this weekend, take a picture and upload it to www.weston.iwitness24.co.uk and your photo could appear in the paper.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.