5 things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Tropicana will be the place to go this weekend, when the Hazy Days festival takes place. And while you are enjoying the live music, here are some other events in Weston-super-Mare you could enjoy over the next two days...
The Tropicana, Weston
Art and music will once again take centre stage at the Tropicana when it hosts the Hazy Days festival. The fun starts at 7pm on Friday and 10am on Saturday and Sunday. More than 80 musicians will play throughout the three days on four stages, while artists will also display their work. Entry is free, but you can pre-register by visiting www.hazydays.co.uk and VIP tickets can also be bought for £20, which includes three free drinks. Click here for a full preview of the event.
Emmanuel Church, Weston
Emmanuel Church in Oxford Street is hosting its summer fete on Saturday from 10.30am-2pm. There will be a variety of stalls selling various items including homemade cakes and old coins.
You may also want to watch:
Locking is hosting a summer fair on Saturday from 2-5pm. There will be a barbecue and other refreshments, stalls selling jam, cakes, cream teas and plants, and outdoor activities provided by the scouts.
Victory Hall, Uphill
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
A market will be held in Uphill’s Victory Hall, in Old Church Road, on Saturday from 10am-1pm. There will be a range of stalls on display, including locally-made cheese and bread. Refreshments will also be available. For more information, contact June on 01934 418184.
All Saint’s Church, Weston
All Saints’ Church will continue its lunchtime concert season with the return of the Harlequin Singers on Saturday. The show will feature folk and pop songs and music from films. The concert at the church in All Saints Road will begin at noon, and entry is £7 on the door.