Volunteers pick up dozens of bags of dog poo in Weston park
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers have collected 50 bags of dog poo during a cleaning operation in a Weston park.
James Willis-Bowden organised the event to clean Grove Park after he noticed there was 'poo everywhere'.
He was joined by 10 volunteers on the day, including Johnny Boxshall from Friends of Grove Park.
During the hour and a half clean-up, they discussed how to prevent the park from being covered in poo and how to recycle poos picked up in fuel or compost.
James said: "A lot of people say they don't want to go to the park because there's so much poo around.
You may also want to watch:
"I take the kids to some of the parks around Weston riding the bikes and found there's a lot of poo everywhere, which I was surprised about and I wanted to find a way to combat it.
"There was a lot of the poo was around the bandstand, where the kids play. We were expecting a lot of it to be at the top end of the park.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 8 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 9 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 10 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
"I might organise another event for next month."