Volunteers pick up dozens of bags of dog poo in Weston park
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers have collected 50 bags of dog poo during a cleaning operation in a Weston park.
James Willis-Bowden organised the event to clean Grove Park after he noticed there was 'poo everywhere'.
He was joined by 10 volunteers on the day, including Johnny Boxshall from Friends of Grove Park.
During the hour and a half clean-up, they discussed how to prevent the park from being covered in poo and how to recycle poos picked up in fuel or compost.
James said: "A lot of people say they don't want to go to the park because there's so much poo around.
You may also want to watch:
"I take the kids to some of the parks around Weston riding the bikes and found there's a lot of poo everywhere, which I was surprised about and I wanted to find a way to combat it.
"There was a lot of the poo was around the bandstand, where the kids play. We were expecting a lot of it to be at the top end of the park.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
"I might organise another event for next month."