8.34am Two treated for smoke inhalation after Wedmore fire

FIVE fire engines were called to a house fire that was well alight in Blackford on Friday night and two men were treated for smoke inhalation.

FIVE fire engines were called to a house fire that was 'well alight' in Blackford on Friday night and two men were treated for smoke inhalation.

Originally just two appliances were called out at 6.40pm from Burnham and Cheddar but this was increased by another three from Street, Bridgwater and Taunton.

The house was left with 75 per cent fire damage and also contents damage.

One of the men was taken to hospital as a precaution.


You may also want to watch:


The fire was brought under control just before 9pm.

An inquiry into the cause of the fire is not yet possible due to the possibility the building may collapse.

Most Read

The fire is believed to have been caused by an ember or a hot coal falling from an unguarded fire grate.

It is also understood the property did not have any smoke detectors.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus