Community raises thousands of pounds at a charity dinner
- Credit: Archant
A community group raised £4,300 at its inaugural fundraising feast.
Churchill Preschool held a charity dinner, which saw 90 guests enjoy a high-quality meal at Yeo Valley's headquarters in Blagdon.
The dairy company provided a three-course meal and stylishly decorated the venue for the event.
There was a fashion show, a charity frock shop and market stalls for guests to browse on the night.
Churchill Preschool is a non-profit organisation and a registered charity - and the cash raised will doubtless provide the group with a handy boost.
The preschool's chairman, Fran Yandell, said: "This was the first time we'd hosted a fundraising event on such scale.
"We're so grateful to Yeo Valley for giving us this opportunity because there's no way we could have made it such a success without its support.
- 1 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 2 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 3 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 4 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 5 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 6 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 7 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 8 How you can keep your mobile charged at Glastonbury 2022
- 9 Weston business launches recruitment drive
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
"Everyone had a great time, our stalls were busy all night, the food was delicious and the sun decided to make a welcome and long-overdue appearance."