Community raises thousands of pounds at a charity dinner
- Credit: Archant
A community group raised £4,300 at its inaugural fundraising feast.
Churchill Preschool held a charity dinner, which saw 90 guests enjoy a high-quality meal at Yeo Valley's headquarters in Blagdon.
The dairy company provided a three-course meal and stylishly decorated the venue for the event.
There was a fashion show, a charity frock shop and market stalls for guests to browse on the night.
Churchill Preschool is a non-profit organisation and a registered charity - and the cash raised will doubtless provide the group with a handy boost.
You may also want to watch:
The preschool's chairman, Fran Yandell, said: "This was the first time we'd hosted a fundraising event on such scale.
"We're so grateful to Yeo Valley for giving us this opportunity because there's no way we could have made it such a success without its support.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
"Everyone had a great time, our stalls were busy all night, the food was delicious and the sun decided to make a welcome and long-overdue appearance."