Community raises thousands of pounds at a charity dinner
- Credit: Archant
A community group raised £4,300 at its inaugural fundraising feast.
Churchill Preschool held a charity dinner, which saw 90 guests enjoy a high-quality meal at Yeo Valley's headquarters in Blagdon.
The dairy company provided a three-course meal and stylishly decorated the venue for the event.
There was a fashion show, a charity frock shop and market stalls for guests to browse on the night.
Churchill Preschool is a non-profit organisation and a registered charity - and the cash raised will doubtless provide the group with a handy boost.
You may also want to watch:
The preschool's chairman, Fran Yandell, said: "This was the first time we'd hosted a fundraising event on such scale.
"We're so grateful to Yeo Valley for giving us this opportunity because there's no way we could have made it such a success without its support.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
"Everyone had a great time, our stalls were busy all night, the food was delicious and the sun decided to make a welcome and long-overdue appearance."