A new sports facility opened in Wedmore
- Credit: Archant
A sports facility set to enhance the playing experience of the community has opened in Wedmore.
The £421,425 project at the Wedmore Playing Fields funded by the Premier League, The FA and Government's Football Foundation opened on Sunday.
The building has four team changing rooms, two official changing rooms, a large clubroom, kitchen, bar, toilets and storage space.
The pavilion has been built to meet the demand for the two high-quality grass pitches.
Chief executive of the football foundation, Paul Thorogood, said: "The support of the Premier League, The FA and government enables the Football Foundation to help improve community sports facilities like this one across the country.
You may also want to watch:
"Their funding has played a key role in delivering this refurbished changing pavilion in Somerset."
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 Record fuel prices pose health threat for Weston parent
- 6 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 9 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 10 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children