A new sports facility opened in Wedmore
- Credit: Archant
A sports facility set to enhance the playing experience of the community has opened in Wedmore.
The £421,425 project at the Wedmore Playing Fields funded by the Premier League, The FA and Government's Football Foundation opened on Sunday.
The building has four team changing rooms, two official changing rooms, a large clubroom, kitchen, bar, toilets and storage space.
The pavilion has been built to meet the demand for the two high-quality grass pitches.
Chief executive of the football foundation, Paul Thorogood, said: "The support of the Premier League, The FA and government enables the Football Foundation to help improve community sports facilities like this one across the country.
You may also want to watch:
"Their funding has played a key role in delivering this refurbished changing pavilion in Somerset."
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston