A new sports facility opened in Wedmore
- Credit: Archant
A sports facility set to enhance the playing experience of the community has opened in Wedmore.
The £421,425 project at the Wedmore Playing Fields funded by the Premier League, The FA and Government's Football Foundation opened on Sunday.
The building has four team changing rooms, two official changing rooms, a large clubroom, kitchen, bar, toilets and storage space.
The pavilion has been built to meet the demand for the two high-quality grass pitches.
Chief executive of the football foundation, Paul Thorogood, said: "The support of the Premier League, The FA and government enables the Football Foundation to help improve community sports facilities like this one across the country.
You may also want to watch:
"Their funding has played a key role in delivering this refurbished changing pavilion in Somerset."
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 9 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset