Weston’s helicopter museum to host a vintage vehicle show
- Credit: Archant
A vintage transport show will be making a return to Weston this weekend.
The Bus and Steam Rally will take place at the Helicopter Museum, in Locking Moor Road, on Sunday from 10am-4pm.
There will be a display of classic steam and open-top buses, alongside the Badgerline buses both old and new, at the home of the world's largest collection of helicopters.
The buses will also operate free tours around the town centre, up to Uphill, Birnbeck Pier and the Helicopter Museum, finishing with the grand departure along the seafront at 4pm.
Organiser Kelvin Amos said: "We have some fantastic classic vehicles taking part.
You may also want to watch:
"The event is an opportunity to bring transport heritage to life and see these fantastic buses back on the streets of Weston.
"It will certainly bring back a lot of memories to a lot of people."
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
Entry to Weston's Helicopter Museum on Sunday will cost visitors £4.50-22.