Weston’s helicopter museum to host a vintage vehicle show
- Credit: Archant
A vintage transport show will be making a return to Weston this weekend.
The Bus and Steam Rally will take place at the Helicopter Museum, in Locking Moor Road, on Sunday from 10am-4pm.
There will be a display of classic steam and open-top buses, alongside the Badgerline buses both old and new, at the home of the world's largest collection of helicopters.
The buses will also operate free tours around the town centre, up to Uphill, Birnbeck Pier and the Helicopter Museum, finishing with the grand departure along the seafront at 4pm.
Organiser Kelvin Amos said: "We have some fantastic classic vehicles taking part.
You may also want to watch:
"The event is an opportunity to bring transport heritage to life and see these fantastic buses back on the streets of Weston.
"It will certainly bring back a lot of memories to a lot of people."
- 1 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 6 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
Entry to Weston's Helicopter Museum on Sunday will cost visitors £4.50-22.