Road users to face 27 mile diversion
- Credit: Archant
Road users in Somerset will face a 27-mile diversion as an essential gas project takes place.
A section of Pilcorn Street will close from Monday until August 16 while Wales and West are upgrading gas pipes in the area.
The road will be closed from the junction of St Medard to Lascot Hill.
The diversion route, which will be via the B3151, A371 and B3139, will be signposted.
Wales and West's programme controller for the area, Barry Sale, said: "This work will make sure the gas network is fit for the future and can play its part in delivering reliable and affordable green energy.
"Most of the gas network is underground and out of sight but it plays a central role in the daily lives of people across Wedmore and the surrounding areas.
"We'll be working as safely and as quickly as possible to make sure the work is completed in a timely fashion, while keeping inconvenience to a minimum."
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 5 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 6 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 9 Weston pub set for £190k revamp
- 10 Police seize up to £500k worth of cannabis at Weston property