Road users to face 27 mile diversion
- Credit: Archant
Road users in Somerset will face a 27-mile diversion as an essential gas project takes place.
A section of Pilcorn Street will close from Monday until August 16 while Wales and West are upgrading gas pipes in the area.
The road will be closed from the junction of St Medard to Lascot Hill.
The diversion route, which will be via the B3151, A371 and B3139, will be signposted.
Wales and West's programme controller for the area, Barry Sale, said: "This work will make sure the gas network is fit for the future and can play its part in delivering reliable and affordable green energy.
You may also want to watch:
"Most of the gas network is underground and out of sight but it plays a central role in the daily lives of people across Wedmore and the surrounding areas.
"We'll be working as safely and as quickly as possible to make sure the work is completed in a timely fashion, while keeping inconvenience to a minimum."
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 3 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 6 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 7 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 8 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 9 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?