Road users to face 27 mile diversion
- Credit: Archant
Road users in Somerset will face a 27-mile diversion as an essential gas project takes place.
A section of Pilcorn Street will close from Monday until August 16 while Wales and West are upgrading gas pipes in the area.
The road will be closed from the junction of St Medard to Lascot Hill.
The diversion route, which will be via the B3151, A371 and B3139, will be signposted.
Wales and West's programme controller for the area, Barry Sale, said: "This work will make sure the gas network is fit for the future and can play its part in delivering reliable and affordable green energy.
You may also want to watch:
"Most of the gas network is underground and out of sight but it plays a central role in the daily lives of people across Wedmore and the surrounding areas.
"We'll be working as safely and as quickly as possible to make sure the work is completed in a timely fashion, while keeping inconvenience to a minimum."
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 6 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid