Jean raises money for Weston hospital
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare woman took on a triathlon challenge to raise money for charity.
Jean Cooper, aged 49, climbed Ben Nevis, the highest peak in the country, completed a 15,000ft sky dive and a 26.2-mile golf marathon at Weston Golf Club - all in the space of a week.
The challenge raised money for Weston General Hospital's oncology department on behalf of the golf club's captain's charity.
Jean said: "I've raised £2,000 for the charity.
"The climb was amazing, we started on a nice sunny day but we nearly got caught in a thunderstorm.
"The sky dive was glorious, there were gorgeous clear blue skies.
"Ben Nevis took its toll on me and I could feel it in my knees while playing golf but I managed to complete 110 holes of golf in 15 hours."
- 1 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 2 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
- 3 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 4 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Haywood Village set for historic first-ever Jubilee celebration
- 7 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 8 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 9 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
- 10 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
Jean took conquered the Scottish peak on June 29.
On July 4, she did the sky dive in Salsbury, and free falling 10,000ft at 125mph and the golf challenge happened the following day.