Jean raises money for Weston hospital
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare woman took on a triathlon challenge to raise money for charity.
Jean Cooper, aged 49, climbed Ben Nevis, the highest peak in the country, completed a 15,000ft sky dive and a 26.2-mile golf marathon at Weston Golf Club - all in the space of a week.
The challenge raised money for Weston General Hospital's oncology department on behalf of the golf club's captain's charity.
Jean said: "I've raised £2,000 for the charity.
"The climb was amazing, we started on a nice sunny day but we nearly got caught in a thunderstorm.
You may also want to watch:
"The sky dive was glorious, there were gorgeous clear blue skies.
"Ben Nevis took its toll on me and I could feel it in my knees while playing golf but I managed to complete 110 holes of golf in 15 hours."
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 9 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 10 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
Jean took conquered the Scottish peak on June 29.
On July 4, she did the sky dive in Salsbury, and free falling 10,000ft at 125mph and the golf challenge happened the following day.