Jean raises money for Weston hospital
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare woman took on a triathlon challenge to raise money for charity.
Jean Cooper, aged 49, climbed Ben Nevis, the highest peak in the country, completed a 15,000ft sky dive and a 26.2-mile golf marathon at Weston Golf Club - all in the space of a week.
The challenge raised money for Weston General Hospital's oncology department on behalf of the golf club's captain's charity.
Jean said: "I've raised £2,000 for the charity.
"The climb was amazing, we started on a nice sunny day but we nearly got caught in a thunderstorm.
You may also want to watch:
"The sky dive was glorious, there were gorgeous clear blue skies.
"Ben Nevis took its toll on me and I could feel it in my knees while playing golf but I managed to complete 110 holes of golf in 15 hours."
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
Jean took conquered the Scottish peak on June 29.
On July 4, she did the sky dive in Salsbury, and free falling 10,000ft at 125mph and the golf challenge happened the following day.