Weston road closed overnight while council empties gullies
- Credit: Archant
Part of the A370 in Weston will close overnight next week.
The A370 Bridgwater Road will be closed from the junction with Broadway to the junction with Windwhistle Lane on Friday from 8pm to 6am.
North Somerset Council is closing the road to patch up the road surface, empty the gullies following heavy road and replace damaged guard rails.
A council spokesman said: "The closure will allow for carriageway patching, guard rail replacement and gully emptying works to take place."
There will be multi-phase traffic signals on the roundabout by Weston Hospital - where the A370 connects to Broadway - to manage the flow of traffic.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who needs to access the hospital, in Grange Road, is asked to use Uphill Road South while the works are completed.
To find out more details on the work, log on to www.n-somerset.gov.uk/roadwork
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released