Weston road closed overnight while council empties gullies
- Credit: Archant
Part of the A370 in Weston will close overnight next week.
The A370 Bridgwater Road will be closed from the junction with Broadway to the junction with Windwhistle Lane on Friday from 8pm to 6am.
North Somerset Council is closing the road to patch up the road surface, empty the gullies following heavy road and replace damaged guard rails.
A council spokesman said: "The closure will allow for carriageway patching, guard rail replacement and gully emptying works to take place."
There will be multi-phase traffic signals on the roundabout by Weston Hospital - where the A370 connects to Broadway - to manage the flow of traffic.
Anyone who needs to access the hospital, in Grange Road, is asked to use Uphill Road South while the works are completed.
To find out more details on the work, log on to www.n-somerset.gov.uk/roadwork
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 4 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 5 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 6 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 7 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate
- 8 Elderly couple targeted by distraction burglars
- 9 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 10 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station