A370 in Weston closed after accident
- Credit: Google Maps/Peter Elston
A major Weston-super-Mare road has been closed this evening (Thursday) following an accident.
The A370 between West Wick Roundabout and Airport Roundabout has been closed since 6.50pm and traffic is being redirected.
The road is blocked and there is very slow traffic on the inbound road into Weston.
Traffic is also building up on Queen’s Way, Summer Lane and around junction 21 of the M5.
Met Office issued a yellow and amber weather warning for snow and ice for parts of the South West which is expected to impact on travel.
You may also want to watch:
Weston is under a yellow warning – the least serious – but large stretches of the A370 and A38 are under an amber warning.
The warning is in place from now until 9pm this evening.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 6 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 7 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
North Somerset’s gritters have been out around the town and surrounding areas spreading salt on the roads but drivers are warned to take care if venturing out.
*More information will follow as we have it*