A370 in Weston closed after accident
- Credit: Google Maps/Peter Elston
A major Weston-super-Mare road has been closed this evening (Thursday) following an accident.
The A370 between West Wick Roundabout and Airport Roundabout has been closed since 6.50pm and traffic is being redirected.
The road is blocked and there is very slow traffic on the inbound road into Weston.
Traffic is also building up on Queen’s Way, Summer Lane and around junction 21 of the M5.
Met Office issued a yellow and amber weather warning for snow and ice for parts of the South West which is expected to impact on travel.
You may also want to watch:
Weston is under a yellow warning – the least serious – but large stretches of the A370 and A38 are under an amber warning.
The warning is in place from now until 9pm this evening.
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 10 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
North Somerset’s gritters have been out around the town and surrounding areas spreading salt on the roads but drivers are warned to take care if venturing out.
*More information will follow as we have it*