M5 at stand still after car stranded on motorway
- Credit: Highways England
The M5 has come to a stand still due to a stranded vehicle on the motorway today (Friday).
Traffic is backing up after an accident involving two cars blocked the outer lane on the M5 northbound at junction 18, Avonmouth, which is affecting traffic between Portishead and Clevedon.
There are delays of around 25 minutes on the motorway between junction 20 and junction 19, which was first reported at 4.22pm.
Highways England has announced the road has now been cleared, but there is still heavy traffic in the area.
The company says the queues are due to clear by 6.30-6.45pm this evening.
You may also want to watch:
A tweet read: "The M5 southbound at junction 18 for Bristol and Avonmouth has now been cleared, however there is heavy traffic in the area and delays are expected following this."
The company says the third lane was closed due to a minor incident on the M5 earlier today.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 8 Village's community shop to relocate
- 9 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
- 10 Banwell bypass route chosen