Accident causing delays on M5 this evening
- Credit: Traffic England
An accident is causing delays on the M5 this evening (Monday).
Delays of at least 30 minutes are expected from junction 19 at Martcombe Road in Portishead to junction 20 at Clevedon.
The road was blocked for a short while this afternoon and traffic is still struggling as a result, with congestion being stretched to the A370.
A Highways England spokesman said: "We strongly advise people avoid travelling in the area at this time, there's now 10 miles of congestion on approach to the scene.
"We would advise if you're heading south to find an alternative route or delay your journey until congestion has cleared."
You may also want to watch:
This story will be updated.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 6 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple