Long delays on M5 following accident
- Credit: Highways England
Two lanes on the M5 are closed today (Friday) after a multi-car pile-up.
Four cars collided on the motorway near junction 20 (Clevedon) just after 12.50pm which has cause tailbacks past junction 21 (Weston-super-Mare).
One lane on both the north and southbound carriageway has been closed while the debris is cleared.
Traffic is moving slowly in both directions and delays are expected for the next hour.
It is not known if anyone has been seriously injured in the accident.
You may also want to watch:
**MORE TO FOLLOW**
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Will garden village be revived?
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple