Long delays on M5 following accident
- Credit: Highways England
Two lanes on the M5 are closed today (Friday) after a multi-car pile-up.
Four cars collided on the motorway near junction 20 (Clevedon) just after 12.50pm which has cause tailbacks past junction 21 (Weston-super-Mare).
One lane on both the north and southbound carriageway has been closed while the debris is cleared.
Traffic is moving slowly in both directions and delays are expected for the next hour.
It is not known if anyone has been seriously injured in the accident.
You may also want to watch:
**MORE TO FOLLOW**
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 4 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 5 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 6 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster