Accidental fire at a nursing home

PUBLISHED: 16:06 02 July 2015 | UPDATED: 16:06 02 July 2015

Crews attend a fire on the roof of a nursing home.

Crews attend a fire on the roof of a nursing home.

Archant

Workmen set fire to some guttering on the roof of a nursing home in Burnham.

The fire was started accidentally by contractors who were working on the roof of the building in Berrow Road.

The incident happened at Burnham Lodge Nursing Home yesterday (Wednesday) at 4.48pm.

Three fire engines attended from Burnham and Bridgwater along with an aerial appliance.

The blaze was confined to the wooden guttering and had been put out by the workmen using a hosepipe.

Crews carried out an inspection of the loft space and confirmed the blaze had not spread.

Nobody was injured in the incident.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists