African dance and drumming event to be held in Weston
- Credit: Archant
An event featuring various African dances and drumming will be held in Weston this month.
Iona Gibbons, of Weston, has organised a two-day event taking place on March 21-22 at the Savoy Hotel, in Birnbeck Road.
Guests will be taught how to play drums in a West African Djembe drum class from the Ivory Coast and Guinea Bissau, and they will also learn new dances from the continent.
Iona, who is a dancer herself, said she organised the event because she wanted to bring something new to the town.
She said: "The event is about offering something different.
You may also want to watch:
"It's for people of all ages to participate and for all body shapes, particularly us ladies.
"We can feel we don't have the dancing body, but African dancing is for everyone. Everyone is celebrated."
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 5 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 6 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 7 Worle opticians wins award
- 8 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 9 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 10 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
For more information about the event, visit www.bit.ly/3aakhez