African dance and drumming event to be held in Weston
- Credit: Archant
An event featuring various African dances and drumming will be held in Weston this month.
Iona Gibbons, of Weston, has organised a two-day event taking place on March 21-22 at the Savoy Hotel, in Birnbeck Road.
Guests will be taught how to play drums in a West African Djembe drum class from the Ivory Coast and Guinea Bissau, and they will also learn new dances from the continent.
Iona, who is a dancer herself, said she organised the event because she wanted to bring something new to the town.
She said: "The event is about offering something different.
You may also want to watch:
"It's for people of all ages to participate and for all body shapes, particularly us ladies.
"We can feel we don't have the dancing body, but African dancing is for everyone. Everyone is celebrated."
- 1 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 2 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 3 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 4 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 5 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 8 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 9 Congresbury edged out by Twyford House on opening day
- 10 New headteacher for village first school
For more information about the event, visit www.bit.ly/3aakhez