African dance and drumming event to be held in Weston
- Credit: Archant
An event featuring various African dances and drumming will be held in Weston this month.
Iona Gibbons, of Weston, has organised a two-day event taking place on March 21-22 at the Savoy Hotel, in Birnbeck Road.
Guests will be taught how to play drums in a West African Djembe drum class from the Ivory Coast and Guinea Bissau, and they will also learn new dances from the continent.
Iona, who is a dancer herself, said she organised the event because she wanted to bring something new to the town.
She said: "The event is about offering something different.
You may also want to watch:
"It's for people of all ages to participate and for all body shapes, particularly us ladies.
"We can feel we don't have the dancing body, but African dancing is for everyone. Everyone is celebrated."
- 1 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 2 Crews tackle large fire at Burnham-on-Sea pier
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 5 Artist creates giant image of band on Brean beach
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Legendary DJ to perform in Weston this weekend
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
For more information about the event, visit www.bit.ly/3aakhez