African dance and drumming event to be held in Weston
- Credit: Archant
An event featuring various African dances and drumming will be held in Weston this month.
Iona Gibbons, of Weston, has organised a two-day event taking place on March 21-22 at the Savoy Hotel, in Birnbeck Road.
Guests will be taught how to play drums in a West African Djembe drum class from the Ivory Coast and Guinea Bissau, and they will also learn new dances from the continent.
Iona, who is a dancer herself, said she organised the event because she wanted to bring something new to the town.
She said: "The event is about offering something different.
"It's for people of all ages to participate and for all body shapes, particularly us ladies.
"We can feel we don't have the dancing body, but African dancing is for everyone. Everyone is celebrated."
- 1 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 4 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 5 Charity ball raises thousands for Cancer Research
- 6 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 7 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston RAF Association to host Cooking with Heroes book launch
For more information about the event, visit www.bit.ly/3aakhez