African dance and drumming event to be held in Weston
- Credit: Archant
An event featuring various African dances and drumming will be held in Weston this month.
Iona Gibbons, of Weston, has organised a two-day event taking place on March 21-22 at the Savoy Hotel, in Birnbeck Road.
Guests will be taught how to play drums in a West African Djembe drum class from the Ivory Coast and Guinea Bissau, and they will also learn new dances from the continent.
Iona, who is a dancer herself, said she organised the event because she wanted to bring something new to the town.
She said: "The event is about offering something different.
"It's for people of all ages to participate and for all body shapes, particularly us ladies.
"We can feel we don't have the dancing body, but African dancing is for everyone. Everyone is celebrated."
- 1 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 2 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 3 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 4 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 5 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 6 How you can keep your mobile charged at Glastonbury 2022
- 7 Weston business launches recruitment drive
- 8 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandals strike
- 9 'Caring' cat who saved owner up for national award
- 10 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
For more information about the event, visit www.bit.ly/3aakhez