Massive plane shaped like ‘flying whale’ spotted over Worle
- Credit: Archant
Sightings of a massive areoplane shaped like a ‘flying whale’ have been reported in Worle.
The Airbus BelugaXL began its debut flight across the UK earlier this afternoon.
The plane, which took-off from Tolouse Airport in France at 1pm, entered the sky over Marlbrough Drive around 2.45pm.
A Mercury reader photographed the plane as it returned home from Airbus’s UK headquarters in Filton.
BelugaXL measures 63 metres and weighs 125,000kg.
You may also want to watch:
The huge aircraft will enter service later in the year after completing its 12-month-long testing period.
To upload your pictures of the Airbus BelugaXL, which could appear in the Mercury, visit www.iwitness24.co.uk
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 4 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 5 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 6 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters