Massive plane shaped like ‘flying whale’ spotted over Worle
- Credit: Archant
Sightings of a massive areoplane shaped like a ‘flying whale’ have been reported in Worle.
The Airbus BelugaXL began its debut flight across the UK earlier this afternoon.
The plane, which took-off from Tolouse Airport in France at 1pm, entered the sky over Marlbrough Drive around 2.45pm.
A Mercury reader photographed the plane as it returned home from Airbus’s UK headquarters in Filton.
BelugaXL measures 63 metres and weighs 125,000kg.
You may also want to watch:
The huge aircraft will enter service later in the year after completing its 12-month-long testing period.
To upload your pictures of the Airbus BelugaXL, which could appear in the Mercury, visit www.iwitness24.co.uk
- 1 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 2 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 3 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 4 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 5 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 8 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 9 New headteacher for village first school
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre