Massive plane shaped like ‘flying whale’ spotted over Worle
- Credit: Archant
Sightings of a massive areoplane shaped like a ‘flying whale’ have been reported in Worle.
The Airbus BelugaXL began its debut flight across the UK earlier this afternoon.
The plane, which took-off from Tolouse Airport in France at 1pm, entered the sky over Marlbrough Drive around 2.45pm.
A Mercury reader photographed the plane as it returned home from Airbus’s UK headquarters in Filton.
BelugaXL measures 63 metres and weighs 125,000kg.
You may also want to watch:
The huge aircraft will enter service later in the year after completing its 12-month-long testing period.
To upload your pictures of the Airbus BelugaXL, which could appear in the Mercury, visit www.iwitness24.co.uk
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 6 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 7 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset