Burnham and Weston Air Cadets seeking new members
- Credit: Air Cadets
Burnham and Highbridge, and Weston-super-Mare Air Cadets will be hosting an open evening as part of a recruitment drive to encourage more young people to join the squadron.
The groups are also looking to recruit several adult volunteers to help run activities.
Those interested should be 20 or over and physically fit, no previous experience is needed as full training will be given.
A background in the forces is not essential but would be beneficial.
The open evening will take place at the Weston squadrons headquarters, in Shipham close on March 12 at 7.45pm, and is a chance for potential adult staff and cadet recruits aged 12 (Year 8 at school) and 17 to see what the cadets is about.
You may also want to watch:
The group offers teens a wide variety of activities including gliding, powered flying, adventure training, field craft, rifle shooting, as well as first aid and radio operations training.
Former cadets often go onto have careers in the RAF, with 50 per cent of flightcrew former cadets.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 3 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 4 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 5 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 6 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 7 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 10 Uphill Castle run riot in Somerset League Cup
Civilian instructor Jeff Jackson said: “Due to several of our cadets moving on to further education our number is depleted so we are keen to recruit new members.
“Members have learnt to fly in our flight simulators, competed in sports events, gained qualifications in public services and aviation studies, and regularly visit RAF stations.”
For more information contact Flt Lt Chris Garrett on email@example.com