Funeral directors hosts memorial service
- Credit: Archant
A funeral director hosted a service to remember loved ones who passed away during the year.
AJ Lock Caring Funerals held a memorial service at Kewstoke church for all the families they have worked with this year.
Lots of families attended for an emotional time.
A candle-lighting ceremony was held at the end of the service, and Taylor Royce, aged seven, bravely stood in front of the congregation and read a poem about grief and bereavement.
An AJ Lock spokesman said: "A special thank you to the church for its help and support in making it a wonderful night.
You may also want to watch:
"We must also thank all the staff and family members who help serving coffee and mince pies.
"We were grateful for all the donations and raffle tickets that were purchased on the night, with all proceeds given to the church, which will use it to maintain the building."
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 4 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years