Funeral directors hosts memorial service
- Credit: Archant
A funeral director hosted a service to remember loved ones who passed away during the year.
AJ Lock Caring Funerals held a memorial service at Kewstoke church for all the families they have worked with this year.
Lots of families attended for an emotional time.
A candle-lighting ceremony was held at the end of the service, and Taylor Royce, aged seven, bravely stood in front of the congregation and read a poem about grief and bereavement.
An AJ Lock spokesman said: "A special thank you to the church for its help and support in making it a wonderful night.
You may also want to watch:
"We must also thank all the staff and family members who help serving coffee and mince pies.
"We were grateful for all the donations and raffle tickets that were purchased on the night, with all proceeds given to the church, which will use it to maintain the building."
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 4 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 10 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant