Village dog show held in husband’s memory
- Credit: Archant
Dog lovers from around the county entered their pet into a village show to compete for sought-after prizes at the weekend.
Strong winds and heavy rain forced organisers to bring Mark's Companion Dog Show inside the village hall, in Vole Road, on Sunday.
Event organiser Alison Smale said: "The show was very successful.
"We had 76 entries and raised a few hundred pounds for the Brain Tumour Support charity.
"We chose the cause because one of our members' husbands died from a brain tumour 18 months ago, so it was great to see so many people turn-out in support."
Dogs including greyhounds and miniature schnauzers took part in the show.
Alison continues: "The event was brought inside due to bad weather conditions, which actually seemed to help visitor numbers.
- 1 Man jailed for savage attack on three women at Weston pub
- 2 Person dies after incident at Weston's Marine Lake
- 3 World-renowned cider maker to host family open day next month
- 4 Councillors hit back at proposed bus cuts in North Somerset
- 5 No dentist in North Somerset is accepting new NHS patients, study shows
- 6 Help reunite owner of lost photo found in charity shop purse
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 'Extreme heat' warning issued for Somerset
- 9 'Unexplained' death at Weston nightclub
- 10 Carers reach finals in top awards
"Everyone had a whale of a time and there were no dog fallings out, which helped hugely."