Village dog show held in husband’s memory
- Credit: Archant
Dog lovers from around the county entered their pet into a village show to compete for sought-after prizes at the weekend.
Strong winds and heavy rain forced organisers to bring Mark's Companion Dog Show inside the village hall, in Vole Road, on Sunday.
Event organiser Alison Smale said: "The show was very successful.
"We had 76 entries and raised a few hundred pounds for the Brain Tumour Support charity.
"We chose the cause because one of our members' husbands died from a brain tumour 18 months ago, so it was great to see so many people turn-out in support."
You may also want to watch:
Dogs including greyhounds and miniature schnauzers took part in the show.
Alison continues: "The event was brought inside due to bad weather conditions, which actually seemed to help visitor numbers.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 3 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 4 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 5 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 6 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 7 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 10 Uphill Castle run riot in Somerset League Cup
"Everyone had a whale of a time and there were no dog fallings out, which helped hugely."