Village dog show held in husband’s memory
- Credit: Archant
Dog lovers from around the county entered their pet into a village show to compete for sought-after prizes at the weekend.
Strong winds and heavy rain forced organisers to bring Mark's Companion Dog Show inside the village hall, in Vole Road, on Sunday.
Event organiser Alison Smale said: "The show was very successful.
"We had 76 entries and raised a few hundred pounds for the Brain Tumour Support charity.
"We chose the cause because one of our members' husbands died from a brain tumour 18 months ago, so it was great to see so many people turn-out in support."
You may also want to watch:
Dogs including greyhounds and miniature schnauzers took part in the show.
Alison continues: "The event was brought inside due to bad weather conditions, which actually seemed to help visitor numbers.
- 1 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 8 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
"Everyone had a whale of a time and there were no dog fallings out, which helped hugely."