Paedophile faces jail for possessing more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
A paedophile could face up to three years in jail after police found more than 26,000 indecent images and videos of children on computers seized from his home.
Allen Maconachie's rented Weston home was raided by police after they had received an online tip off, a court was told this week.
A substantial amount of computer equipment belonging to the 45-year-old was seized by police from the Kensington Road address, during the raid on July 14.
Maconachie, who has since moved to Poppy Road in Somerton, pleaded guilty to possessing 252 category A, 192 category B, and 25,635 category C images and videos, at a hearing at North Somerset Courthouse on Tuesday.
Maconachie told magistrates that he took full responsibility for his actions.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates opted to send Maconachie to Bristol Crown Court for sentencing on November 20, due to the volume of the images and videos, plus the young age of the children within them.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'