West Croft Cider celebrates 25th anniversary wassail
- Credit: Archant
A cider farm enjoyed its 25th anniversary wassail at the weekend, which has been described as a ‘great success’ by organisers.
West Croft Farm, in Brent Knoll, hosted the event on Saturday, where people celebrated encouraging the apple tress to be blessed with a bountiful harvest in the coming year.
Bands Six Machine and Daft Folk performed on the night and West Croft Farm cider was sold, as well as food sourced from the region.
Spokesman for West Croft Farm, John Hurst, said: "It was a brilliant night.
"There was a great crowd and it stayed dry.
You may also want to watch:
"The village school got involved and the event was a great success."
The wassail raises money for West Croft Rooms, a cabin based at the back of Brent Knoll School, as well as supporting the primary itself.
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 4 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 5 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 8 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
West Croft, which specialises in sweet and dry ciders, also sells apple vinegar and is known for its beverage, Janet's Jungle Juice.