West Croft Cider celebrates 25th anniversary wassail
- Credit: Archant
A cider farm enjoyed its 25th anniversary wassail at the weekend, which has been described as a ‘great success’ by organisers.
West Croft Farm, in Brent Knoll, hosted the event on Saturday, where people celebrated encouraging the apple tress to be blessed with a bountiful harvest in the coming year.
Bands Six Machine and Daft Folk performed on the night and West Croft Farm cider was sold, as well as food sourced from the region.
Spokesman for West Croft Farm, John Hurst, said: "It was a brilliant night.
"There was a great crowd and it stayed dry.
You may also want to watch:
"The village school got involved and the event was a great success."
The wassail raises money for West Croft Rooms, a cabin based at the back of Brent Knoll School, as well as supporting the primary itself.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 School to host outdoor open day
- 10 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
West Croft, which specialises in sweet and dry ciders, also sells apple vinegar and is known for its beverage, Janet's Jungle Juice.