Horticultural show boasts impressive floral exhibits
- Credit: Archant
‘Spectacular’ floral displays were the centre of attention at a highly-anticipated summer fair over the weekend.
Villagers showcased their best produce in hope of winning prizes at Yatton and District Horticultural Society's two-day summer show.
The event was held at Yatton Village Hall on Saturday and Sunday, where a selection of mouth-watering cakes to floral exhibits took centre stage.
The society's spokesman said: "The weather for the show was excellent and live music on the day featured ukulele band Ukebox outside the village hall in Glebelands Gardens.
"Both the flowers and vegetables on show were spectacular considering the heat and lack of rain prior to the event."
You may also want to watch:
Among the prize-winning entries was a portrait painting of withered trees, stunning lilac orchids and bright dahlias.
To see more pictures, log on to www.thewestonmercury.co.uk
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 7 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 North Somerset Council pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh