Rotary member donates 70 take-away meals to key workers
- Credit: Rotary Club of Mendip
A Rotary Club of a Mendip member has donated 70 takeaway meals to NHS staff, care home employees and other essential workers.
Rotarian Anwar Hussain prepared and cooked the takeaway meals to workers in Cheddar.
It is also the fourth occasion he has served food to people in the community.
The rotary club based in Cheddar has sponsored the event on two occasions as part of its response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Club president Ceri Davies said: “We are extremely proud of what Anwar has done to support the dedicated key workers who either live or work in our community. We thank his family for their help and for giving up their kitchen for a day and Sedgemoor District Council for providing a distribution venue.”
You may also want to watch:
A number of people were generous in their thanks to the club, praising Anwar as ‘a star’ and to say thank you for an excellent meal which is ‘very much appreciated’.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer