Rotary member donates 70 take-away meals to key workers
- Credit: Rotary Club of Mendip
A Rotary Club of a Mendip member has donated 70 takeaway meals to NHS staff, care home employees and other essential workers.
Rotarian Anwar Hussain prepared and cooked the takeaway meals to workers in Cheddar.
It is also the fourth occasion he has served food to people in the community.
The rotary club based in Cheddar has sponsored the event on two occasions as part of its response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Club president Ceri Davies said: “We are extremely proud of what Anwar has done to support the dedicated key workers who either live or work in our community. We thank his family for their help and for giving up their kitchen for a day and Sedgemoor District Council for providing a distribution venue.”
You may also want to watch:
A number of people were generous in their thanks to the club, praising Anwar as ‘a star’ and to say thank you for an excellent meal which is ‘very much appreciated’.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown