Rotary member donates 70 take-away meals to key workers
- Credit: Rotary Club of Mendip
A Rotary Club of a Mendip member has donated 70 takeaway meals to NHS staff, care home employees and other essential workers.
Rotarian Anwar Hussain prepared and cooked the takeaway meals to workers in Cheddar.
It is also the fourth occasion he has served food to people in the community.
The rotary club based in Cheddar has sponsored the event on two occasions as part of its response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Club president Ceri Davies said: “We are extremely proud of what Anwar has done to support the dedicated key workers who either live or work in our community. We thank his family for their help and for giving up their kitchen for a day and Sedgemoor District Council for providing a distribution venue.”
You may also want to watch:
A number of people were generous in their thanks to the club, praising Anwar as ‘a star’ and to say thank you for an excellent meal which is ‘very much appreciated’.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 3 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 4 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 5 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 6 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 7 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 8 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare