Fun family extravaganza returns to Somerset next month
- Credit: Archant
A jam-packed family fun day offering visitors 50 free activities will be held in Highbridge next month, after a council donated a four-figure sum.
Slime-making classes, paddle-boarding and zorb sessions will be on offer for parents to encourage their children to take part in at the event.
There will also be face painting, climbing walls and science projects to get stuck into on the day.
Chairman of the Apex Park Playday 2019 committee, Rosie Pike, said: "All of the volunteers are really looking forward to the playday, which is sure to be a fantastic event.
"We are grateful for the help we received from Sedgemoor District Council (SDC), the committee and volunteers.
"The event is one of the largest in the country, so it is especially important we have a great team working hard behind the scenes."
SDC has contributed £5,000 towards the fun day.
- 1 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 4 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 5 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 6 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 7 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Somerset MP defends PM attending Downing Street 'party' after 'busy day'
- 10 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
The event will take place at the park in Highbridge, off Marine Drive, on August 7 from 10am-3pm.