Fun family extravaganza returns to Somerset next month
- Credit: Archant
A jam-packed family fun day offering visitors 50 free activities will be held in Highbridge next month, after a council donated a four-figure sum.
Slime-making classes, paddle-boarding and zorb sessions will be on offer for parents to encourage their children to take part in at the event.
There will also be face painting, climbing walls and science projects to get stuck into on the day.
Chairman of the Apex Park Playday 2019 committee, Rosie Pike, said: "All of the volunteers are really looking forward to the playday, which is sure to be a fantastic event.
"We are grateful for the help we received from Sedgemoor District Council (SDC), the committee and volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
"The event is one of the largest in the country, so it is especially important we have a great team working hard behind the scenes."
SDC has contributed £5,000 towards the fun day.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Village enjoys returning horticultural show
- 8 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse
The event will take place at the park in Highbridge, off Marine Drive, on August 7 from 10am-3pm.