Appeal after accident leaves man critical
4pm - 09.10.07. POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a hit and run accident in Clevedon.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a hit and run accident in Clevedon.
The incident happened during at 12.40am on October 6 when a pedestrian was in collision with a vehicle in Clevedon Triangle, Old Church road.
The victim fell to the kerbside in Old Street and the blue Vauxhall Astra drove off.
The injured man was taken to Weston General Hospital with a suspected fractured skull.
You may also want to watch:
He was later transferred to Frenchay Hospital where his condition is described as critical but stable.
Police have arrested a man on suspicion of failing to stop at the scene of a road traffic collision and also dangerous driving.
- 1 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 2 Crews tackle large fire at Burnham-on-Sea pier
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 5 Artist creates giant image of band on Brean beach
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Legendary DJ to perform in Weston this weekend
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
They would like to hear from anyone who was in Clevedon in the Old Church Road/Old Street area who may have seen the incident.
Anyone with information should contact the road policing unit's collision investigation unit on 0845 4567000.