Appeal following break in at pensioner's home
10.30am 5.9.2007: POLICE are appealing for witnesses after an attempted burglary at a property in Clevedon. The incident happened
10.30am 5.9.2007: POLICE are appealing for witnesses after an attempted burglary at a property in Clevedon.
The incident happened at about 11.30pm at a property at Kenn Moor Road when two men got into the house of a 92-year-old man.
The intruders disturbed the victim who challenged them and struck one with his walking stick before he was pulled to the ground and had the stick taken from him.
The two men fled empty handed.
You may also want to watch:
One of the men is described as white, about 25-30-years-old and of slim build and was wearing glasses and a hat with a rim.
The second suspect is described as being of Asian appearance, of stocky build and about 5ft tall.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
He had short, dark hair and was wearing a dark coat and trousers and boots.
Police are appealing to anyone who may have been in the area at the time and may have seen anyone fitting the descriptions of the two men, to contact them on Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.