Appeal for safe return of telephone box mannequin
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a popular mannequin who lives in a Weston-super-Mare telephone box are ‘mortified’ after he was stolen on Saturday night.
Jayne Corrigan is appealing for the safe return of Cecil who has been standing inside the phone box in Locking Road for seven years.
Cecil has monthly costume changes and has been dressed up as characters including Batman, Buzz Lightyear and Where’s Wally?
He also has his own Facebook page, Cecil The Dude In The Phonebox.
The mannequin was dressed as a highwayman when he was stolen from the locked phone box on Saturday night.
You may also want to watch:
One of his legs was found outside the phone box, while the other was discovered 20 yards away.
Jayne is appealing for his safe return and is asking residents to look inside their bins and gardens for his head and torso.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 8 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 9 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 10 Restart grant for businesses re-opening after lockdown
She said: “I’m absolutely mortified. So is everyone else.
“He’s a local celebrity. Everyone knows him and people love to look for him to see what outfit he’s wearing.
“We’re asking people to look for him in their bins and gardens.
“I don’t want someone to not know who he is and throw him away.
“If you’ve got him, you can just leave him by the phone box. We just want him back.”
You can also find out more about the hunt for Cecil on Twitter at #findcecil