Appeal for safe return of telephone box mannequin
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a popular mannequin who lives in a Weston-super-Mare telephone box are ‘mortified’ after he was stolen on Saturday night.
Jayne Corrigan is appealing for the safe return of Cecil who has been standing inside the phone box in Locking Road for seven years.
Cecil has monthly costume changes and has been dressed up as characters including Batman, Buzz Lightyear and Where’s Wally?
He also has his own Facebook page, Cecil The Dude In The Phonebox.
The mannequin was dressed as a highwayman when he was stolen from the locked phone box on Saturday night.
You may also want to watch:
One of his legs was found outside the phone box, while the other was discovered 20 yards away.
Jayne is appealing for his safe return and is asking residents to look inside their bins and gardens for his head and torso.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 5 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
She said: “I’m absolutely mortified. So is everyone else.
“He’s a local celebrity. Everyone knows him and people love to look for him to see what outfit he’s wearing.
“We’re asking people to look for him in their bins and gardens.
“I don’t want someone to not know who he is and throw him away.
“If you’ve got him, you can just leave him by the phone box. We just want him back.”
You can also find out more about the hunt for Cecil on Twitter at #findcecil