Appeal set for unpopular housing proposal in Sandford
- Credit: Archant
A five-day appeal will be held in the spring to determine whether 85 homes will be built in Sandford.
Developer Aurora wants to build the houses off Greenhill Lane, close to the Strongvox Homes development where 118 houses are already being constructed.
Members went against officers’ recommendations and turned down the unpopular proposal at North Somerset Council’s planning and regulatory committee in September.
Speaking at that meeting last year, council leader Nigel Ashton said: “Sandford does not come with adequate infrastructure and we should refuse this and other applications like this on every occasion.”
Winscombe and Sandford Parish Council said the plan was ‘totally unsustainable’ as the two proposals would increase the population by 90 per cent with no new facilities to support them.
You may also want to watch:
The appeal will be held at the Town Hall, in Walliscote Grove Road, in Weston, on April 2.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 9 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards