Hundreds of pounds up for grabs in community grants
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A parish council is looking for groups to apply for grants of up to £500.
Cheddar Parish Council has launched its annual small grants award scheme.
This year a total of £6,000 is available to help fund projects which will benefit the community.
Voluntary, community and not-for-profit organisations may apply for money, including registered charities, churches and schools.
Up to 50 per cent of the cost of projects will be funded and applications must show how the balance will be raised.
You may also want to watch:
The parish council will support a diverse range of projects such as the promotion of community development and self help, meeting gaps in services and reducing crime.
Application forms are available from the council clerk based in the parish hall, in Church Street.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
They are also available from firstname.lastname@example.org or at www.cheddarvillage.co.uk before the deadline on March 31.