Hundreds of pounds up for grabs in community grants
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A parish council is looking for groups to apply for grants of up to £500.
Cheddar Parish Council has launched its annual small grants award scheme.
This year a total of £6,000 is available to help fund projects which will benefit the community.
Voluntary, community and not-for-profit organisations may apply for money, including registered charities, churches and schools.
Up to 50 per cent of the cost of projects will be funded and applications must show how the balance will be raised.
You may also want to watch:
The parish council will support a diverse range of projects such as the promotion of community development and self help, meeting gaps in services and reducing crime.
Application forms are available from the council clerk based in the parish hall, in Church Street.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 4 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
They are also available from email@example.com or at www.cheddarvillage.co.uk before the deadline on March 31.