Hundreds of pounds up for grabs in community grants
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A parish council is looking for groups to apply for grants of up to £500.
Cheddar Parish Council has launched its annual small grants award scheme.
This year a total of £6,000 is available to help fund projects which will benefit the community.
Voluntary, community and not-for-profit organisations may apply for money, including registered charities, churches and schools.
Up to 50 per cent of the cost of projects will be funded and applications must show how the balance will be raised.
You may also want to watch:
The parish council will support a diverse range of projects such as the promotion of community development and self help, meeting gaps in services and reducing crime.
Application forms are available from the council clerk based in the parish hall, in Church Street.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
They are also available from email@example.com or at www.cheddarvillage.co.uk before the deadline on March 31.