Weston Mercury donates £390 to hospice thanks to match-funding
- Credit: Archant
A team of intrepid fundraisers from the Weston Mercury has donated £390 to Weston Hospicecare.
The 15-strong team from the paper, which included friends and family, took part in the 10-mile Mendip Challenge in June and raised £390 for Weston Hospicecare.
Archant, which owns the Mercury, has agreed to match-fund the total, adding a further £390 to the total.
Vicky Angear, leader of the Mercury team, said: “We are so grateful to Archant for helping us to donate even more money to Weston Hospicecare.
“The charity does a fantastic job caring for people with life-limiting conditions and supporting their families.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to be able to support the hospice so it can help even more families.”
The Mendip Challenge is taking place on June 2 this year and people can sign up to take part in the 10, 20 or 30-mile route at www.westonhospicecare.org.uk/mendip
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 7 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 North Somerset Council pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown