Weston Mercury donates £390 to hospice thanks to match-funding
- Credit: Archant
A team of intrepid fundraisers from the Weston Mercury has donated £390 to Weston Hospicecare.
The 15-strong team from the paper, which included friends and family, took part in the 10-mile Mendip Challenge in June and raised £390 for Weston Hospicecare.
Archant, which owns the Mercury, has agreed to match-fund the total, adding a further £390 to the total.
Vicky Angear, leader of the Mercury team, said: “We are so grateful to Archant for helping us to donate even more money to Weston Hospicecare.
“The charity does a fantastic job caring for people with life-limiting conditions and supporting their families.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to be able to support the hospice so it can help even more families.”
The Mendip Challenge is taking place on June 2 this year and people can sign up to take part in the 10, 20 or 30-mile route at www.westonhospicecare.org.uk/mendip
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 4 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 5 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 8 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster