Weston Mercury donates £390 to hospice thanks to match-funding
- Credit: Archant
A team of intrepid fundraisers from the Weston Mercury has donated £390 to Weston Hospicecare.
The 15-strong team from the paper, which included friends and family, took part in the 10-mile Mendip Challenge in June and raised £390 for Weston Hospicecare.
Archant, which owns the Mercury, has agreed to match-fund the total, adding a further £390 to the total.
Vicky Angear, leader of the Mercury team, said: “We are so grateful to Archant for helping us to donate even more money to Weston Hospicecare.
“The charity does a fantastic job caring for people with life-limiting conditions and supporting their families.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to be able to support the hospice so it can help even more families.”
The Mendip Challenge is taking place on June 2 this year and people can sign up to take part in the 10, 20 or 30-mile route at www.westonhospicecare.org.uk/mendip
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital