Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- Credit: Peter Elston
Armed police were called out to Birnbeck Pier in Weston after reports of a group of men in possession of a gun.
Armed officers attended the scene at 10.30am on Sunday, and RNLI Weston helped police to access the pier.
Two men in their 20s and a teenage boy were arrested for firearms offences and an air rifle was recovered.
The men have have since been released and the matter has been dealt with via a community resolution.
High visibility patrols have been stepped up in the local area for community reassurance.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary confirmed there was no intent to cause harm or create alarm, the men were a 'good distance away' from the general public, and the firearm was legally owned.
The individuals were asked to write a letter to the authorities involved apologising for their actions.
- 1 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 2 Tropicana announces trio of lockdown-busting summer club nights
- 3 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 4 Weston boy 'overwhelmed' at heart-warming response to car washing business
- 5 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 6 Primary school welcomes new principal
- 7 Doctors urge patients not to suffer in silence when it comes to their mental health
- 8 May 17: What are the Covid travel rules?
- 9 Travellers set up camp on Weston seafront
- 10 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list