Arrests after woman hit with bow and arrow in Worle
- Credit: Archant
Two men were arrested after a woman was hit with an arrow in Worle.
Armed officers were called out to Queensway at 10.35pm on Saturday night after reports of a number of arrows being fired.
One arrow damaged a car window while a second hit a woman in the leg.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: “We were called shortly after 10.35pm on July 11 to reports of an incident involving a number of arrows being fired in Queensway.
“Officers, including an armed unit, attended and found one arrow had damaged a car window and the second had struck a female in the leg. She suffered no injury.
You may also want to watch:
“An area search was subsequently carried out, with assistance from the police helicopter. A bow and arrows were also discovered and seized by officers.
“House-to-house and CCTV enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 4 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
“Two males, aged 18 and 34, were arrested on suspicion of affray, criminal damage, possession of an offensive weapon in a public place and attempted wounding with intent. The teenager has been released on conditional bail, while the 34-year-old has been released with no further action planned.
“Anyone with information is asked to call 101 and give reference number 5220153472.”