Arrests after woman hit with bow and arrow in Worle
- Credit: Archant
Two men were arrested after a woman was hit with an arrow in Worle.
Armed officers were called out to Queensway at 10.35pm on Saturday night after reports of a number of arrows being fired.
One arrow damaged a car window while a second hit a woman in the leg.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: “We were called shortly after 10.35pm on July 11 to reports of an incident involving a number of arrows being fired in Queensway.
“Officers, including an armed unit, attended and found one arrow had damaged a car window and the second had struck a female in the leg. She suffered no injury.
“An area search was subsequently carried out, with assistance from the police helicopter. A bow and arrows were also discovered and seized by officers.
“House-to-house and CCTV enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 2 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 3 PICTURES: More than a dozen cars damaged in Weston arson attacks
- 4 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
- 5 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 6 NINE vehicles damaged by fire in apparent arson spree in Weston
- 7 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
- 8 Plan for 115 new homes in village rejected
- 9 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 10 McDonald's hopes to open restaurant at business park near M5
“Two males, aged 18 and 34, were arrested on suspicion of affray, criminal damage, possession of an offensive weapon in a public place and attempted wounding with intent. The teenager has been released on conditional bail, while the 34-year-old has been released with no further action planned.
“Anyone with information is asked to call 101 and give reference number 5220153472.”