Armed robbery at Weston bank
AN ARMED robber threatened staff at a Weston bank today before making off with a bag of cash. The man entered Lloyds TSB in South Parade at
AN ARMED robber threatened staff at a Weston bank today before making off with a bag of cash.
The man entered Lloyds TSB in South Parade at 11am. He handed a note to a cashier demanding money and warning her he was armed.
He asked the girl to fill his carrier bag with cash. He then walked out of the branch with the money and ran off down the Boulevard.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to come forward. The man is described as white, in his 40s, around 5ft 6ins tall and of thin build.
You may also want to watch:
He had a dirty-looking appearance and was wearing a camouflaged jacket, dark, plain trousers and boots, black fingerless gloves and a cream, cloth cap with a black peak.
He had a moustache and a 1in cut above his lip, which looked like a recent injury.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 3 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 4 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 5 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 10 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
Officers searched the town after the incident and are currently studying CCTV footage from the bank.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Weston CID on 0845 4567000.