Armed robbery at Weston bank
AN ARMED robber threatened staff at a Weston bank today before making off with a bag of cash. The man entered Lloyds TSB in South Parade at
AN ARMED robber threatened staff at a Weston bank today before making off with a bag of cash.
The man entered Lloyds TSB in South Parade at 11am. He handed a note to a cashier demanding money and warning her he was armed.
He asked the girl to fill his carrier bag with cash. He then walked out of the branch with the money and ran off down the Boulevard.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to come forward. The man is described as white, in his 40s, around 5ft 6ins tall and of thin build.
You may also want to watch:
He had a dirty-looking appearance and was wearing a camouflaged jacket, dark, plain trousers and boots, black fingerless gloves and a cream, cloth cap with a black peak.
He had a moustache and a 1in cut above his lip, which looked like a recent injury.
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 4 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 5 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 8 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
Officers searched the town after the incident and are currently studying CCTV footage from the bank.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Weston CID on 0845 4567000.