Armed robbery at Weston bank
AN ARMED robber threatened staff at a Weston bank today before making off with a bag of cash. The man entered Lloyds TSB in South Parade at
AN ARMED robber threatened staff at a Weston bank today before making off with a bag of cash.
The man entered Lloyds TSB in South Parade at 11am. He handed a note to a cashier demanding money and warning her he was armed.
He asked the girl to fill his carrier bag with cash. He then walked out of the branch with the money and ran off down the Boulevard.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to come forward. The man is described as white, in his 40s, around 5ft 6ins tall and of thin build.
You may also want to watch:
He had a dirty-looking appearance and was wearing a camouflaged jacket, dark, plain trousers and boots, black fingerless gloves and a cream, cloth cap with a black peak.
He had a moustache and a 1in cut above his lip, which looked like a recent injury.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 6 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
Officers searched the town after the incident and are currently studying CCTV footage from the bank.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Weston CID on 0845 4567000.