Artist displays her ‘playful’ work at Loves Café
- Credit: Jeremy Long
An artist is hoping people will take pleasure in her work, which is on display in a Weston-super-Mare café.
Rebecca Weeks has always been creative, but she finally pursued her dream in her 30s by taking a foundation course in art at Weston College.
She then gained a degree at the University of the West of England, followed by a masters in multidisciplinary print.
Rebecca said: “I have been print making for the past four years so a relative newbie in the field of print.
“My current body of work reflects my own playful approach to creativity. I hope to achieve an emotional reaction from the viewer – one that invokes pleasure.
“I use the practice of drawing as a tool to realise the final idea in print form.
“I’m very pleased to be exhibiting in Loves as it is a major supporter of the arts.”
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 3 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 4 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 7 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 8 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 9 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 10 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
Rebecca’s work will be on display in the café, in West Street, until the end of the month.