Supermarket chain hands cash to Weston churches
- Credit: Sub
Two churches have been given a financial boost from a Weston supermarket.
The Asda Foundation presented £800 to the Holy Trinity Church, in South Road, and St Paul's Church, in Walliscote Road.
The money will help the churches to run their week-long holiday clubs in the summer.
The Healthy Holidays Grant was started last year by the foundation to assist local holiday clubs to provide healthy meals for children attending the groups during the holidays.
Asda community champion Clare Virgo had the 'great pleasure' of presenting the cash to the two churches.
She will be volunteering at both holiday clubs to assist during the summer.
St Paul's Church was handed £500 for its club while the Holy Trinity was presented with £300.
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 3 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 4 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 5 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 6 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 7 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 8 Hornets celebrate historical promotion to National 2 West
- 9 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 10 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
The Asda Foundation's main goal is to help transform communities and to improve lives.