Supermarket chain hands cash to Weston churches
- Credit: Sub
Two churches have been given a financial boost from a Weston supermarket.
The Asda Foundation presented £800 to the Holy Trinity Church, in South Road, and St Paul's Church, in Walliscote Road.
The money will help the churches to run their week-long holiday clubs in the summer.
The Healthy Holidays Grant was started last year by the foundation to assist local holiday clubs to provide healthy meals for children attending the groups during the holidays.
Asda community champion Clare Virgo had the 'great pleasure' of presenting the cash to the two churches.
You may also want to watch:
She will be volunteering at both holiday clubs to assist during the summer.
St Paul's Church was handed £500 for its club while the Holy Trinity was presented with £300.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 5 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
The Asda Foundation's main goal is to help transform communities and to improve lives.