Council pursues court order to remove travellers from Ashcombe Park
PUBLISHED: 14:29 27 July 2017 | UPDATED: 14:30 27 July 2017
A court order is being perused to evict travellers from Weston-super-Mare’s Ashcombe Park after the group ‘failed to comply’ with North Somerset Council’s requests to leave.
The travellers, who are believed to have set up their caravans in the park on Monday, were told by the council to leave by 5pm yesterday (Wednesday) or face court action.
Despite the council’s request the group remains in Ashcombe Park, leading the local authority to take legal action.
North Somerset had to obtain a court order to evict travellers from the Beach Lawns and Hutton Moor playing fields earlier this month.
A council spokesman said: “The travellers have failed to comply with our direction to leave the park by 5pm yesterday.
“We are now applying to the magistrates court for a hearing date when we will request an order to remove the group.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.