Audi car recovered from lake after police find it submerged
- Credit: Archant
An expensive Audi sports car was found partially-submerged in the lakes of a Somerset park yesterday (Thursday).
The red Audi A3 was spotted in the water of Burnham-on-Sea’s Apex Park, in Marine Drive, at around 9am.
Police believe the car had been driven around the park overnight before being left in the water and retrieved by recovery contractors.
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said: “We received a report of a car in the lake off Marine Drive in Burnham at about 9am.
“The vehicle was recovered from the water and no-one was inside it.”
You may also want to watch:
An investigation is underway and anyone with information is urged call 101.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston