Child sent to hospital after assault in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old boy was left needing hospital treatment for cuts and bruising after an assault in Weston.
The boy was punched and kicked after a motorcyclist accused him of damaging a car on February 16 in Milton Brow at around 4.45pm.
The boy was with two other children at the time of the incident.
At the scene, the passenger of a motorcycle jumped from the vehicle and accused the boy of damaging a car before he punched and kicked him.
Shortly after, another man wearing a white hoody and dark bottoms intervened.
The boy was left needing hospital treatment for cuts and bruising.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to come forward after the boy was assaulted in Weston.
- 1 Thugs targeted elderly couple's motorhome as they slept during Weston Air Show
- 2 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 3 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 4 Land near railway station could be sold for housing
- 5 Rail workers stage walkout in Weston for better working conditions and job security
- 6 French court claims Jill Dando may have been 'murdered by mistake'
- 7 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 8 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 9 Weston to celebrate Pride with style this weekend
- 10 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
Both the rider and passenger of the motorbike were described as being in their late teens and wore dark clothing.
The man who intervened was of a similar age.
The motorbike was orange and white and had an L-plate attached to it.
People who saw the incident, or have dashcam or CCTV footage which could help with the investigation, are being asked to get in touch through www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/contact or call 101 and quote the reference number 5220038542.
Alternatively, ring independent charity Crimestoppers on 08005 55111.