Station cordoned off by police
- Credit: Archant
Police have cordoned off Worle Railway Station for an ongoing police incident this evening (Thursday).
Diamond Batch has been closed off by officers.
There has been no confirmation as to the reason why.
However, onlookers say there have been reports on social media of a dangerous man with a weapon in the area.
That information however has not been corroborated by the emergency services at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
Passengers can get to Bristol from the platform nearest the main car park but no-one heading from the city will be able to alight at Worle while the footbridge is closed.
They will instead need to get off at Weston-super-Mare.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 7 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 8 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse
Traffic is building up in the area as drivers try to find an alternative route.