Station cordoned off by police
- Credit: Archant
Police have cordoned off Worle Railway Station for an ongoing police incident this evening (Thursday).
Diamond Batch has been closed off by officers.
There has been no confirmation as to the reason why.
However, onlookers say there have been reports on social media of a dangerous man with a weapon in the area.
That information however has not been corroborated by the emergency services at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
Passengers can get to Bristol from the platform nearest the main car park but no-one heading from the city will be able to alight at Worle while the footbridge is closed.
They will instead need to get off at Weston-super-Mare.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 5 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 6 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 8 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 9 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 10 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity
Traffic is building up in the area as drivers try to find an alternative route.