Police seek man who helped woman in distress at station
- Credit: Archant
A man who helped a woman in distress to safety in Weston-super-Mare is being sought be police.
The woman was in need of help at Weston Railway Station this morning (Friday).
A man came to her aid to help her at about 6.20am before emergency services arrived at the scene.
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said: "A member of the public went to speak to her and helped.
"The woman has been taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
"We are keen to contact the member of the public who helped the woman.
"He left the scene without giving his details.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Former pupils become teachers
"We would like the man to contact us, quoting reference number 5219229368."
Anybody in distress can contact the Samaritans, day or night, for free by calling its helpline on 116123.