Police seek man who helped woman in distress at station
- Credit: Archant
A man who helped a woman in distress to safety in Weston-super-Mare is being sought be police.
The woman was in need of help at Weston Railway Station this morning (Friday).
A man came to her aid to help her at about 6.20am before emergency services arrived at the scene.
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said: "A member of the public went to speak to her and helped.
"The woman has been taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
"We are keen to contact the member of the public who helped the woman.
"He left the scene without giving his details.
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 4 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 5 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 6 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
"We would like the man to contact us, quoting reference number 5219229368."
Anybody in distress can contact the Samaritans, day or night, for free by calling its helpline on 116123.