Police seek man who helped woman in distress at station
- Credit: Archant
A man who helped a woman in distress to safety in Weston-super-Mare is being sought be police.
The woman was in need of help at Weston Railway Station this morning (Friday).
A man came to her aid to help her at about 6.20am before emergency services arrived at the scene.
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said: "A member of the public went to speak to her and helped.
"The woman has been taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
"We are keen to contact the member of the public who helped the woman.
"He left the scene without giving his details.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 10 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
"We would like the man to contact us, quoting reference number 5219229368."
Anybody in distress can contact the Samaritans, day or night, for free by calling its helpline on 116123.