Suspect flees after man ‘stabbed’ outside Weston College
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a suspect after a man was reportedly stabbed outside Weston College this afternoon (Tuesday).
Officers were mobilised at around 1.40pm to reports of an assault in Knightstone Road, where the victim suffered a facial injury.
Police have confirmed the suspect left the scene, while unconfirmed reports from people who witnessed the attack suggest a blade was used.
A witness told the Mercury the assailant attacked the man from behind and ‘sliced his face open’.
A cordon is in place outside the Knightstone campus.
You may also want to watch:
Avon and Somerset Constabulary believes it is an ‘isolated incident’.
A spokesman said: “We were called to reports of an assault in Knightstone Road in Weston at about 1.40pm.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 10 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
“A man has suffered an injury to his face.
“The suspect has left the scene.
“Enquiries, into what is believed to be an isolated incident, are continuing.”
An ambulance and a rapid response vehicle attended, and the victim was taken to Weston General Hospital.
A Weston College spokesman said the incident did not involve college students or staff.
They added: “We can confirm an incident has taken place this afternoon outside Knightstone campus involving members of the public, and is totally unrelated to Weston College.”