Suspect flees after man ‘stabbed’ outside Weston College
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a suspect after a man was reportedly stabbed outside Weston College this afternoon (Tuesday).
Officers were mobilised at around 1.40pm to reports of an assault in Knightstone Road, where the victim suffered a facial injury.
Police have confirmed the suspect left the scene, while unconfirmed reports from people who witnessed the attack suggest a blade was used.
A witness told the Mercury the assailant attacked the man from behind and ‘sliced his face open’.
A cordon is in place outside the Knightstone campus.
You may also want to watch:
Avon and Somerset Constabulary believes it is an ‘isolated incident’.
A spokesman said: “We were called to reports of an assault in Knightstone Road in Weston at about 1.40pm.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Banwell bypass route chosen
“A man has suffered an injury to his face.
“The suspect has left the scene.
“Enquiries, into what is believed to be an isolated incident, are continuing.”
An ambulance and a rapid response vehicle attended, and the victim was taken to Weston General Hospital.
A Weston College spokesman said the incident did not involve college students or staff.
They added: “We can confirm an incident has taken place this afternoon outside Knightstone campus involving members of the public, and is totally unrelated to Weston College.”