Police appeal to trace witness of assault
- Credit: Avon and Somerset Constabulary
Police are appealing for help to trace a witness to an assault which led to a 63-year-old man needing hospital treatment for cuts and bruising to his head.
Officers would like to thank an off-duty doctor who stopped to help the injured man at the scene in Banwell.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary now want check whether she has any information which could help with the investigation.
The assault happened in Silver Moor Lane at about 1.45pm on New Year's Day.
A 39-year-old man was arrested on the day of the incident and remains under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Officers ask the doctor, or anyone with information which could help, to get in touch online via www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/contact or call 101, quoting reference number 5220000439.
Alternatively, they can ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 08005 55111.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer