Police appeal to trace witness of assault
- Credit: Avon and Somerset Constabulary
Police are appealing for help to trace a witness to an assault which led to a 63-year-old man needing hospital treatment for cuts and bruising to his head.
Officers would like to thank an off-duty doctor who stopped to help the injured man at the scene in Banwell.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary now want check whether she has any information which could help with the investigation.
The assault happened in Silver Moor Lane at about 1.45pm on New Year's Day.
A 39-year-old man was arrested on the day of the incident and remains under investigation.
Officers ask the doctor, or anyone with information which could help, to get in touch online via www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/contact or call 101, quoting reference number 5220000439.
Alternatively, they can ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 08005 55111.
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 3 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 4 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'
- 5 How Somerset's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 6 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 7 Teachers at school take on Movember challenge
- 8 Weston street comes together to switch-on Christmas lights
- 9 Consultation to rename the Sovereign Centre begins tomorrow
- 10 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks