Police appeal to trace witness of assault
- Credit: Avon and Somerset Constabulary
Police are appealing for help to trace a witness to an assault which led to a 63-year-old man needing hospital treatment for cuts and bruising to his head.
Officers would like to thank an off-duty doctor who stopped to help the injured man at the scene in Banwell.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary now want check whether she has any information which could help with the investigation.
The assault happened in Silver Moor Lane at about 1.45pm on New Year's Day.
A 39-year-old man was arrested on the day of the incident and remains under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Officers ask the doctor, or anyone with information which could help, to get in touch online via www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/contact or call 101, quoting reference number 5220000439.
Alternatively, they can ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 08005 55111.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 6 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again