Police appeal to trace witness of assault
- Credit: Avon and Somerset Constabulary
Police are appealing for help to trace a witness to an assault which led to a 63-year-old man needing hospital treatment for cuts and bruising to his head.
Officers would like to thank an off-duty doctor who stopped to help the injured man at the scene in Banwell.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary now want check whether she has any information which could help with the investigation.
The assault happened in Silver Moor Lane at about 1.45pm on New Year's Day.
A 39-year-old man was arrested on the day of the incident and remains under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Officers ask the doctor, or anyone with information which could help, to get in touch online via www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/contact or call 101, quoting reference number 5220000439.
Alternatively, they can ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 08005 55111.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 8 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 9 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset