‘Sudden death’ of woman in Somerset village ‘not suspicious’
- Credit: Archant
Police are not treating the sudden death of a woman in a Somerset village on Saturday evening as suspicious.
Emergency services visited an address in Watchfield, near Highbridge, following the incident on Saturday at around 11.30pm.
A spokesman at Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: "Emergency services were called to an address in Watchfield on Saturday at 11.30pm, following the sudden death of a woman.
"The death is not being treated as suspicious.
"We're now carrying out enquiries on behalf of the Coroner's office.
"Our thoughts are with the woman's family at this difficult time."
- 1 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 4 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 5 Charity ball raises thousands for Cancer Research
- 6 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 7 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston RAF Association to host Cooking with Heroes book launch