Police warning over man acting ‘suspiciously’
- Credit: Archant
Police have today (Saturday) warned people to be wary after receiving a number of reports of a man acting suspiciously and ‘jumping out at people’.
Reports have surfaced on social media in recent days of a man approaching people and making sexualised gestures in Claverham.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary, however, in its statement today did not specifically reference the alleged incident.
A police spokesman said: "We're aware of concerns relating to a man acting suspiciously in the Claverham/Yatton area.
"In recent weeks we've received a small number of reports of a man jumping out at people
"While no-one has been hurt during the incidents, they understandably have caused upset.
"We're keen to reassure the community we're doing all we can to locate the man but ask anyone with information about his identity to phone 101."
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 3 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 4 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 5 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 6 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 7 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
Witnesses who can help police with their enquries should provide the call-handler with the reference code 5219158435 when calling the non-emergency number.