Police warning over man acting ‘suspiciously’
- Credit: Archant
Police have today (Saturday) warned people to be wary after receiving a number of reports of a man acting suspiciously and ‘jumping out at people’.
Reports have surfaced on social media in recent days of a man approaching people and making sexualised gestures in Claverham.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary, however, in its statement today did not specifically reference the alleged incident.
A police spokesman said: "We're aware of concerns relating to a man acting suspiciously in the Claverham/Yatton area.
"In recent weeks we've received a small number of reports of a man jumping out at people
You may also want to watch:
"While no-one has been hurt during the incidents, they understandably have caused upset.
"We're keen to reassure the community we're doing all we can to locate the man but ask anyone with information about his identity to phone 101."
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
Witnesses who can help police with their enquries should provide the call-handler with the reference code 5219158435 when calling the non-emergency number.