Police warning over man acting ‘suspiciously’
- Credit: Archant
Police have today (Saturday) warned people to be wary after receiving a number of reports of a man acting suspiciously and ‘jumping out at people’.
Reports have surfaced on social media in recent days of a man approaching people and making sexualised gestures in Claverham.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary, however, in its statement today did not specifically reference the alleged incident.
A police spokesman said: "We're aware of concerns relating to a man acting suspiciously in the Claverham/Yatton area.
"In recent weeks we've received a small number of reports of a man jumping out at people
You may also want to watch:
"While no-one has been hurt during the incidents, they understandably have caused upset.
"We're keen to reassure the community we're doing all we can to locate the man but ask anyone with information about his identity to phone 101."
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 7 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 8 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
Witnesses who can help police with their enquries should provide the call-handler with the reference code 5219158435 when calling the non-emergency number.