Police warning over man acting ‘suspiciously’
- Credit: Archant
Police have today (Saturday) warned people to be wary after receiving a number of reports of a man acting suspiciously and ‘jumping out at people’.
Reports have surfaced on social media in recent days of a man approaching people and making sexualised gestures in Claverham.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary, however, in its statement today did not specifically reference the alleged incident.
A police spokesman said: "We're aware of concerns relating to a man acting suspiciously in the Claverham/Yatton area.
"In recent weeks we've received a small number of reports of a man jumping out at people
You may also want to watch:
"While no-one has been hurt during the incidents, they understandably have caused upset.
"We're keen to reassure the community we're doing all we can to locate the man but ask anyone with information about his identity to phone 101."
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 6 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Former pupils become teachers
Witnesses who can help police with their enquries should provide the call-handler with the reference code 5219158435 when calling the non-emergency number.