Woman rescued after chimney fire

PUBLISHED: 09:49 08 January 2019

Firefighters tackling a chimney fire in Shipham.

Firefighters tackling a chimney fire in Shipham.

Archant

Four crews tackled a chimney fire at a house in Shipham yesterday (Monday).

Firefighters from Cheddar, Winscombe, Weston-super-Mare and Wells were called to The Square just before 3pm after a number of people rang to report smoke billowing from the roof of a house.

Crews from Avon Fire and Rescue Service evacuated one elderly lady from the ground floor of the property – she was not inured and did not require further medical treatment.

The chimney fire was caused by a log burner on the ground floor of the two-storey building.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury