Woman rescued after chimney fire

Firefighters tackling a chimney fire in Shipham.

Firefighters tackling a chimney fire in Shipham. - Credit: Archant

Four crews tackled a chimney fire at a house in Shipham yesterday (Monday).

Firefighters from Cheddar, Winscombe, Weston-super-Mare and Wells were called to The Square just before 3pm after a number of people rang to report smoke billowing from the roof of a house.

Crews from Avon Fire and Rescue Service evacuated one elderly lady from the ground floor of the property – she was not inured and did not require further medical treatment.

The chimney fire was caused by a log burner on the ground floor of the two-storey building.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus