Takeaway shop blaze was accidental, fire service says

PUBLISHED: 13:06 15 November 2017

Fire engines in Milton Road.

Fire engines in Milton Road.

Archant

The cause of a fire in a Weston-super-Mare takeaway restaurant has been confirmed.

Fire crews were called to Pappadoms in Milton Road at 2.30pm yesterday (Tuesday).

They found an electric cabinet on the ground floor was on fire, and the cause of the blaze is believed to have been accidental.

Firefighters were on the scene for just over an hour.

One person who was in the Weston Hospicecare charity shop next door said: “There was smoke coming out of the windows and the fumes were horrendous.”

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists