Walking for health group volunteers needed
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning walking group is seeking for volunteers to lead walks in a bid to expand its team.
The North Somerset Health Walks programme is looking for people who enjoy the outdoors, like helping others and those who wish to be more active in their spare time.
A free training day will be held in Clevedon on June 14 and volunteers do not need to have an extensive knowledge of the local area or a high level of fitness.
They need to be able to guide and support small groups and encourage people to be more physically active.
The ever-expanding project won an Inspiration award at the Ramblers Volunteer Awards 2019.
You may also want to watch:
It was recognised that the initiative continues to thrive because of the enthusiasm of the dedicated volunteers.
Since launching 11 years ago, over 6,000 people have enjoyed the programme.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 6 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
- 10 Hospitality Day 2021: Weston micropub thriving once again following reopening
To find out more, contact North Somerset Council on 01275 882731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org