Walking for health group volunteers needed
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning walking group is seeking for volunteers to lead walks in a bid to expand its team.
The North Somerset Health Walks programme is looking for people who enjoy the outdoors, like helping others and those who wish to be more active in their spare time.
A free training day will be held in Clevedon on June 14 and volunteers do not need to have an extensive knowledge of the local area or a high level of fitness.
They need to be able to guide and support small groups and encourage people to be more physically active.
The ever-expanding project won an Inspiration award at the Ramblers Volunteer Awards 2019.
It was recognised that the initiative continues to thrive because of the enthusiasm of the dedicated volunteers.
Since launching 11 years ago, over 6,000 people have enjoyed the programme.
- 1 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 2 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 3 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 4 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
- 7 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 8 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 9 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 10 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
To find out more, contact North Somerset Council on 01275 882731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org