Walking for health group volunteers needed
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning walking group is seeking for volunteers to lead walks in a bid to expand its team.
The North Somerset Health Walks programme is looking for people who enjoy the outdoors, like helping others and those who wish to be more active in their spare time.
A free training day will be held in Clevedon on June 14 and volunteers do not need to have an extensive knowledge of the local area or a high level of fitness.
They need to be able to guide and support small groups and encourage people to be more physically active.
The ever-expanding project won an Inspiration award at the Ramblers Volunteer Awards 2019.
You may also want to watch:
It was recognised that the initiative continues to thrive because of the enthusiasm of the dedicated volunteers.
Since launching 11 years ago, over 6,000 people have enjoyed the programme.
- 1 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 2 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 3 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 4 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 5 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 8 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 9 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre
- 10 Hot air balloons return to Weston
To find out more, contact North Somerset Council on 01275 882731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org