Town centre Co-op raided by thieves
- Credit: Google Street View
Vandals broke into a supermarket and stole cigarettes in the early hours of this morning (Monday).
Police were called to reports of a break-in at 3am in Axbridge.
Staff members working at Axbridge Co-op, in The Square, were unable to open to store this morning as normal.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: "Officers were called at around 3am this morning about a break-in at a convenience store in Axbridge.
"Entry was forced into the building and cigarettes have been taken.
You may also want to watch:
"Police enquiries into the incident are continuing.
"Anyone with information is being asked to call police on 101, quoting reference number 5219201831."
- 1 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 2 Crews tackle large fire at Burnham-on-Sea pier
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 5 Artist creates giant image of band on Brean beach
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Legendary DJ to perform in Weston this weekend
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
A spokesman from Co-op hopes witnesses to the criminal raid will come forward and aid the police.
They said: "We take retail crime very seriously and implement a range of measures to both deter criminal activity and to aid convictions.
"We are appealing for anyone with information to come forward to the police."